Saturday, August 6, 2011

are you a Negative Nancy?


This isn't a positive post.. nor informative.. I wanted to write something nice and witty but all that came out was this bitter rant...  was this specific to a person? Oh goodness no... I know LOTS of negative Nancy's unfortunately...  but in the past week I have found one too many... and thus this rant... enjoy.. or not...  P.S blogger doesn't let me comment on my own posts so boo! .. 

I'm gonna get straight to the point here..

In the age where humans interact via means like facebook there are certain things we need to keep in mind.

1. Not every post that offends you was meant to offend you..
2. You are not exempt from offending people either
3. You never really know the whole story behind someone's vent, rant, opinion
4. Just because Jane manages to get your panties in a bunch doesn't mean they are a horrible person.
5. The world doesn't revolve around you so stop taking things so personally.


Here is where I'm getting at..

We all have them.. the "friend" or "liker" who 90% of the time is MIA, yet when you manage to say the wrong thing or post the wrong picture or article they are the very first to jump on the boat and criticize, throw a tantrum, point fingers, call names, cry foul and whine about how you royally pissed them off, offended them and how you are so horrible. (sometimes they get a gang of friends to come back them up)

Half the time I don't care.. If someone is never around and they pop their head out just to complain I shrug them off, their opinion doesn't matter to me sad but why should I care when their interaction is not there for when I really do need it?   coming up for air just to complain makes you look like a total asshat!

And this is sad when the person has an actual point or constructive criticism..  because I would be more inclined to acknowledge them if they put a bit more effort into interacting and being there..  I would be more inclined to care about the person's feelings thus accommodating them and apologizing for my douchebaggery..  I know I'm wrong sometimes (Sometimes! Don't get too excited hahahaha)  but I will be more willing to take the blow if I cared two ships about you.


So think about this when you go around interacting with people everyday...  are you only popping out to complain? if so... maybe try to comment here and there and say something nice... then when you do complain.. people might actually care :P

The end.

2 comments:

  1. I'll admit, I thought this was going to be about something else. When I saw the title I thought, "Yes! I am a Negative Nancy! Hopefully there are some good pointers in there on how not to be a negative nancy." I'm not really THAT kind of negative nancy that your post is about, but I'm just popping in to say hello, love your blog, and well...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN!! Man, I just recently blogged about this as well. I really have no patience for people who think everything I choose to do is a personal bash on what they choose to do. Just being honest here! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails